ALAS, there are those who think they know Geraint Wyn Davies because they've seen him smiling and being charming at one of his personal appearances. And they believe that to be the absolute truth about his personality, his character. Those who are really convinced of that will not be prepared for reality, as set forth below. Please go on to one of the myriad sites that tell lovely fantasies about the kind of person he is. This site will present no fiction. Here will be seen only the (provable!) truth. Those addicted to denial, move on down the line. Otherwise, prepare for a dose of reality.
Why tell the truth about someone people stubbornly insist on believing fantasies about, you ask? (Especially since they will refuse to believe the facts when they are presented)
Along the lines of many American neighborhoods which, nowadays, post information for unsuspecting citizens when a criminal (such as a child molester) moves into their neighborhood - in the interest of warning people about a sinister person in their midst - this site seeks to alert unsuspecting (new) fans as to the facts about what can be described as a very deceptive personalitysomething different than will ever be revealed through his fan club (fan club members will cling to the fantasies perpetrated by the fan club, or risk the fan club president's wrath. Only the most courageous have risked challenging them - and have lived to tell about the revenge they incurred).
After all, if people stand to be injured by an egocentric, unremorseful personality, shouldn't they be warned as to the potential consequences of an association with such a person? If the truth might help, it must be presented (if it's believed, of course - others, with their own agendas, will loudly and adamantly deny even proven facts.).
This website will present a few facts, as they are known, and a number of questions (many more could be offered, but space limitations are prohibitive). The rest is up to the reader. (It might be a advisable to review the lyrics of the song "The Snake.")
Geraint Wyn Davies
"Your advertising's dandy; folks'd never believe you've got nothing to sell"
(Bonnie Parker to Clyde Barrow in the film "Bonnie & Clyde")
Presented for your knowledge and ultimate welfare --
QUESTIONS THAT ANY FAN OF GWD MUST ASK THEMSELVES:
His behavior/his character (See also "The Peter Pan Syndrome")
His fan club advertises GWD as a nice guy --
· Would a "nice guy" agree to meet with fans who traveled all the way from America to Canada to see him (for an arranged meeting), only to have him leave them waiting for hours, not knowing whether or not he'd ever show up? (He has a cell phone) And then, when he did arrive (the meeting was arranged to take place in a bar), he spent only a brief time with them, then spent long hours "socializing" with other (strangers) in the bar, abandoning those who had traveled so far to see him? Ask yourself, would YOU stand for that treatment from anyone? (The story was told, in much more detail, by one of the attendees - a fan club representative)
· Would a "nice guy" take a job in Europe, go and pick up his tickets, board the plane and fly to his location - without even bothering to say goodbye to his family (causing his wife to frantically call around town, a couple of days later, asking "have you seen my husband, have you seen my husband ?")??? (See the Peter Pan Syndrome) (A story documented in a FK fc newsletter)
· Would a "nice guy" not bother to look at or acknowledge items sent to him by his fan club members - even when they were materials he solicited?!? How would you feel if this happened to you - not long ago there was a poor fan whose son died of a rare childhood disease. At one of the "weekends" she asked GWD to consider becoming the spokesperson for the organization set up to raise money to help combat the disease, so that no more children had to die, needlessly. He invited her to send an information packet on the organization to him. She did so, and never received a reply. A couple of months later, when asked about it in person, he admitted that he received but had never even bothered to open the package. Does that sound like a man who cares about sick kids, as his fan club would have the public believe (due to their charity contributions in his name)? (The woman in question - a former fan -- can attest to the facts above)
· Would a "nice guy" intentionally take something from someone who was left in bad financial straights, as a result? A generous and decent woman whose financial condition was, to say the least, precarious showed GWD a likeness of him rendered by a colleague of hers. He admired it, and expressed an interest in acquiring it. She took that as an order (her business was known to be the retailing of such items), and spent her own money to frame it and make it as nice as she could for the man she so admired. When it was finished and she showed it to him, he simply walked off with it. No compensation was offered. What would you think of someone who assumed that everything shown to him was a gift, and, therefore, his for the taking, in spite of the consequences to anyone else? This person was left in a state of financial hardship, as a result. (This story was received by the victim, herself - a fan who is afraid of repercussions if she reveals her identity)
· Would a "nice guy" put on a friendly façade to someone's face while going behind their backs to have them fired from their job (for committing no more of a faux pas then being kind to him and showing their admiration)? One fan, who worked in a theatre complex where he did a play, showed him friendliness (by saying "welcome" when he came to work there), generosity (via a simple but tasty gift likely to remind him of his homeland in Wales), and admiration (a timidly offered invitation for a brief moment of socialization, to celebrate an acquaintanceship), only to have him pretend amiability and friendliness to her face (which she, being a naïve soul, and believing the misleading PR put out by his fan club, never questioned) while behaving very differently behind her back. (He accepted the invitation to socialize, but never showed up, although she risked her job to do so. He knew she would be there, and what the risk was to her, but made no hesitation in not honoring his appointment) Unbeknownst to his victim, over and over again he went behind her back to her supervisor requesting that she be fired. All she knew was that she was being hassled by her boss and then suspended for no reason that was revealed to her. She found out what exactly had happened after she had lost her job and had written to the president of the organization to object to her treatment, there. The letter received in reply was an eye-opener - she was informed that she had been suspended "AT THE REQUEST OF GWD." And, for what crime, exactly? Being nice to him? (The letter mentioned above is in the possession of the recipient, another very ex-fan)
In the interest of keeping this shorter than "War & Peace," only a few typical examples are presented here, although many more exist.
It might be worth quoting from PhD and MD Gordon Banks' descriiption of the psychopathic personality (if only to see how similar it is to the Peter Pan personality): "While the psychopath has likes and dislikes and fondness for the pleasures that human company can bring, analysis shows that he is completely egocentric, valuing others only for their enhancement of his own pleasure or status. While he gives no real love, he is quite capable of inspiring love of sometimes fanatical degree in others. He is generally superficially charming and often makes a striking impression as possessed of the noblest of human qualities. He makes friends easily, and is very manipulative, using his ability with words to talk his way out of trouble. Many psychopaths love to be admired and bask in the adulation of others. With the lack of love, there is also a lack of empathy. The psychopath is unable to feel sorry for others in unfortunate situations or put himself in another's place, whether or not they have been harmed by him.
While the psychopath is charming and makes friends easily, those who come to rely upon him soon painfully find out that he has no sense of responsibility. Continually promises are made and broken without regard for the gravity of the consequences, for which the psychopath will then deny responsibility. He can solemnly lie while looking the victim in the eye, showing no anxiety whatever."
Describe any Canadian actors you know? It should.
To echo the sentiment - it is said that the one thing that all criminals have in common is the lack of compassion for their victims. They feel nothing as they are violating innocent souls, and are incapable of remorse after they've done their evil deeds. Would you respect and have high regard for a man who has no hesitation in victimizing those who've shown their admiration for him, and no remorse for his actions, afterwards? Would you belong to a fan club, honoring such a person?
His fan club --
Many members of the fan club insist on the image of its presidents (and their behavior) as wonderful, generous and beyond reproach, although said people's integrity has been questioned, publicly, more than once, both verbally and over the internet (as victims of their retaliation can attest).
Once again, ask yourself these questions --
Would people of integrity:
Intentionally and viciously lie about others?
Why would warm and wonderful human beings intentionally announce that an innocent person was calling and harassing GWD at home, "to the extent that he had to change his home phone number?" (Along with other fabrications, both verbal and in the fc newsletter) Especially given the fact that the person being slandered and libeled NEVER HAD GWD'S PHONE NUMBER, and never called him anywhere, any time, or harassed him in ANY way! And yet one of the fan club presidents announced exactly that at one of their "weekends" (in 1997), to the assembled audience as though it were truth (and didn't deny or retract it when challenged on the internet). While numerous fan club members who WERE able to get his home number, called and harassed him there, even threatening his life and the lives of his family (to the extent that he felt it necessary to have a bodyguard present when he did a play in 1996). And yet those sick individuals were allowed to continue to be members of the fc. Would you want to belong to a fan club with such people in it?
Would people of integrity --
Claim that the selection process for the "weekends" is completely on the up and up?
Those on the "inside" have reported that friends of the presidents are regularly given preferential treatment, with spaces reserved for them, although it meant excluding fans who had never been given the opportunity to attend - even including guests of GWD's! The "we pull names out of a hat" assertion is laughed at by those who have observed that only the last few places are placed in that way, AFTER the friends (and even members of other performer's fan clubs) are accommodated with reserved seats. Would you think highly of fan club organizers who denied you admittance to a "weekend" while certain "privileged" persons were welcomed, year after year, while you were kept out?
Lastly (although, once again, MANY more stories are available) -
Why would people of integrity "claim" that they were going to resign from the presidential ranks of the fan club (as publicly announced on the internet), and then continue their same duties, as well as taking a place at each "weekend" - places that should go to a fan who has been denied access in the past, due to supposed "space limitations?"
FYI, integrity is defined as: honesty, truthfulness, honor.
Re: Auctions for and contributions to charity -
A question can be raised as to motives regarding charity work having been done by the fan club. The records will prove that the organization existed for over a decade before any charity work was ever entered into. As for motives, let this question stand: if you wanted to cover up an irrational obsession with someone (which threatened to undermine your shaky credibility), all the while struggling to manufacture opportunities to see the object of your obsession (who would never see or make time for you, otherwise), and, at the same time seeking to change your sinister image, would it not be in your best interest to do something - such as beginning a campaign to donate money to charity on behalf of the organization you head? A clean-up campaign to whitewash a notoriously toxic personality is the shrewdest move such a person could make, wouldn't you agree? But the money has been donated, you say? True. To suggest that it qualifies as an act of kindness arising out of the depths of infamous corruption would purely be a matter of opinion (eye of the beholder), would it not? It might be interesting, however, to get the opinions of ex-fc members -- those who KNOW the parties involved -- on the topic
As for GWD's supposed "friendliness"
Those suffering with the Peter Pan Syndrome (GWD) can be described as "professional good first impression makers." They want nothing more than to be liked, on sight. Once they've achieved that victory, they drop the phony façade. Would these experience(s) with GWD's "friendliness" convince you of what's really true?
A writer visited one of the sets of a program in which he starred, and was introduced to him. He smiled, shook their hand, and then immediately dropped the "friendly" persona. He did the interview (it was part of his job, to help get publicity for the show), but showed no warmth, no attempt to make any kind of human "contact," and only perked up when he was told that he had inspired a book that the writer had written. The next day, at the studio, she sat at a table on the outskirts of the set in which he was shooting. After a long while (of completely self absorbed behavior, on his part), he yelled hello and came to sit across the table from the writer. He asked if she had talked to one of his co-stars. She said yes, asked one quick question and then he completely shut off. It was as though a tangible wall of ice ascended between them. He never looked up, talked or responded after that. Would this define friendliness for you? (a story provided by an observer in attendance)
Of course, the experiences of the person who lost their job at his insistence (see His Behavior/His Character, above), are not to be forgotten. He was seen to bounce up to this colleague with a bright "Hello" every time he saw her at the facility where they worked, then immediately went behind her back, again and again, to have her fired. For what? Saying hello in return?
FYI -- the dictionary definition of friendly is: "Kindly, not hostile. Amicable. Helpful." Does GWD qualify?
The Peter Pan Syndrome --
It might be relevant to ask those who know him well (NOT the fc members who make excuses for him) whether or not quotes from the book The Peter Pan Syndrome (by Dr. Dan Kiley, Dodd, Mead & Co. 1983 - no longer in print but easily found in most libraries) serve to best illustrate the character of GWD:
"He is seen as personable and likable by people who don't know him very well. He has an ingratiating smile and gives an excellent first impression."
"He is devoid of honesty and warmth in relating to others..."
"A fundamental piece of the puzzle of the Peter Pan Syndrome is gross irresponsibility..."
"Conspicuous is the absence of personal accountability."
"Peter Pans are jolly, happy-go-lucky rogues. They have a penchant for uproarious laughter and a pint or two of whatever ale is available...they are capable of unconscionable foul deeds and can sing and dance while they are stealing your life's treasures. If they feel that you have wronged them, they can call upon instant rage to run you aground or skewer your heart with a promise and a lie. They'll...take insult from your displeasure. Cross them a second time and they'll make your soul walk the plank. Then, after pillaging your trust and concern, they will sail off into the sunset pretending to have neither worry nor care."
"(PP's) are never to blame. No matter how disruptive his behavior or malignant his intentions, he can always point the finger of responsibility at something or somebody over which he had no control."
(for their victims) "It's tough to face the possibility that someone so vital could be a thief, a con man of the first order...if you reach down to give them a hand, they will smite you with emotional abuse. They cry for attention, but when you give it, they snicker at the folly of your caring."
"Any woman who tries to love or understand (a PP) will recognize the Jekyll/Hyde duality in (him)...there are moments when you bask in the gentleness of a warm and caring person, only to be clobbered by cold indifference an hour or two later....the extremes of thought, word and deed suggest a split personality."
"...these men often appear to be self-centered to the point of cruelty."
"(PP's) will readily exploit friends and acquaintances in order to promote his perfection. He will even shift values in order to enhance himself...he has few if any feelings of loyalty...if exploitation fails, he will call upon rage to intimidate whoever is pushing reality upon him. The rage is so acute and sudden that one feels assaulted. Like having someone shoot emotional bullets at you."
"(PP's) may leave you in the morning with a warm kiss or hug of kindness only to hit you with cruel sneers in the evening. He expects (you) to endure his immaturities and nastiness...you have to put up with his cruelty, excuse his insults and love him no matter what he does."
"(PP's) exhibit a variation of the typical chauvinistic theme. It's usually more subtle and sneaky...it is in some ways more lethal than the standard, blatant way...he is a master of deception. Hand in hand, narcissism and chauvinism give him a self-serving attitude that is rooted in self-deception. His prejudices become wisdom; his rigidity, understanding; and his callousness, worldliness...it's amazing how he can turn into such a social monster."
"The woman (who is involved with him) is enduring derision and disrespect that no human being should tolerate....she tolerates more pain than makes rational sense."
"Out of touch with their true emotions...self-centered and narcissistic..."
"PP's are provoked to anger or even rage by a woman's assertiveness or independence...he feels impotent to deal with an assertive female on equal footing, so he puts her beneath him."
"You've all seen such a person. His emotions are so tightly strung that he fills the air with psychic electricity. When you ask him if he's ok, he chops you off in mid-thought. 'Me? Okay? I'm fine! Great!'...if you take a moment to look beyond the gaiety, (his) anxiety sticks out like a sore thumb. And it doesn't take a clinical psychologist to see it...just take a quick glance at his daily behavior."
"...he surrounds himself with his buddies, pushes himself to ridiculous extremes to be liked, takes the woman in his life for granted...and flies into a rage when faced with criticism."
"There is a substantial psychological distance between (the PP) and other people. Even if he's rubbing elbows with a buddy, he feels a million miles away."
"he has a problem with alcohol, it changes his personality...he has clouded chauvinistic attitudes...he seems above it all and often sits there like a stone."
"...the Pan is very shallow..."
His reputation --
The question is, how many fans haven't seen the fan club newsletters (not HIS fc) that have documented his Peter Pan proclivities? The above-mentioned story about him leaving on a plane for Europe and not bothering to say good bye to his family was made public long ago. How many people admire air-headed selfishness, narcissism, coldness and unrepentant cruelty, characteristic of Peter Pans? The poor people who do have their own problems.
Because of the numerous printed reports of hisshall we say "love of bending the elbow" -- such as the legendary stories that abounded during the shooting of FK (as documented by the FK fc newsletter), about nightly "after wrap" drinking parties, in which he reportedly drank everyone else under the table and then got upset when others wanted to leave, to go home to their families; or his visible presence in the bar at Otto's (a restaurant attached to the Music Center theatre complex) "entertaining" visitors, almost nightly, when he was doing a play there -- no more need be said about the reports. Would anyone disagree that determining whether or not someone has a problem with alcoholism is much more the jurisdiction of Alcoholics Anonymous than observation by concerned friends and family? Although, one would have to agree, it is something about which to worry, if it's someone you care about.
As for his reputation for niceness, sincerity or integrity, the above factual reports should make the possibility of such qualities in him be seen in a much clearer light. Would a reasonable person not agree?
Do you believe in and follow the zodiac? For those who do, GWD is an Aries. They are described thusly:
"these little rams are self-centered...It's certainly true that Aries can be very egocentric as their first instinct is always to view the world in terms of how it relates to themthey are a mischievous little child getting a kick out of stirring up trouble.
Arians can be bluntthey tend to be about self and ego rather than the balance between people. They are sometimes selfishimpulsive and compulsive, quick-tempered, and can give in to anger and a will for destructionthey can be arrogant, domineering, or intolerant they can lack follow-through and lose interestthey can be brash, rude, and inconsiderate.
Arians tend to want what they want and when they want it. Because of the ego that can manifest itself in Aries, they feel that they are the center of the universe."
A game. How many of you (who've really experienced GWD's and his fan club president's personalities, over an extended period of time) can identify these as qualities of theirs?
· is a convincing, practiced liar and when called to account, will make up anything spontaneously to fit their needs at that moment
· has a Jekyll and Hyde nature - is vile, vicious and vindictive in private, but innocent and charming in front of witnesses; no-one can (or wants to) believe this individual has a vindictive nature - only the current target of this serial bully's aggression sees both sides; whilst the Jekyll side is described as "charming" and convincing enough to deceive anyone, the Hyde side is frequently described as "evil"; Hyde is the real person, Jekyll is an act (see the account of GWD's two-faced behavior against a co-worker, above)
· excels at deception and should never be underestimated
· uses excessive charm and is always plausible and convincing when peers, superiors or others are present (charm can be used to deceive as well as to compensate for lack of empathy - personified by GWD)
· is glib, shallow and superficial: plenty of fine words but no substance;
· is unusually skilled in being able to anticipate what people want to hear and then saying it plausibly
· cannot be trusted or relied upon and fails to fulfill commitments
· is emotionally immature and emotionally untrustworthy
· in a relationship, is incapable of being intimate or sustaining intimacy
· holds deep prejudices (eg against the opposite gender, people of a different sexual orientation, other cultures and religious beliefs, foreigners, etc - prejudiced people are unvaryingly unimaginative) but goes to great lengths to keep this aspect of their personality secret (see The Peter Pan Syndrome)
· displays a sense of invulnerability and untouchability
· serial bullies despise anyone who enables others to see through their deception and their mask of sanity
· is evasive and has a Houdini-like ability to escape accountability (again, see The Peter Pan Syndrome)
· undermines and destroys those who can see through the bully's mask (see His Behavior, above)
· is highly manipulative, especially of people's emotions (eg guilt)
· when called upon to share or address the needs and concerns of others, responds with impatience, irritability and aggression (typical Peter Pan behavior)
· often has an overwhelming, unhealthy and narcissistic attention-seeking need to portray themselves as a wonderful, kind, caring and compassionate person, in contrast to their behaviour and treatment of others; the bully sees nothing wrong with their behaviour and appears oblivious to the discrepancy between how they like to be seen and how they are seen by others (VERY Peter Pan and VERY GWD)
· takes everything and gives nothing (see GWD's Behavior, above)
· is convinced of their superiority and has an overbearing belief in their qualities of leadership but cannot distinguish between leadership (maturity, decisiveness, assertiveness, co-operation, trust, integrity) and bullying (immaturity, impulsiveness, aggression, manipulation, distrust, deceitfulness)
· sometimes displays a seemingly limitless demonic energy especially when engaged in attention-seeking activities or evasion of accountability
· The serial bully appears to lack insight into his or her behaviour and appears to be oblivious to the crassness and inappropriateness of their behaviour; the phrase "on the grounds of diminished responsibility" often comes to mind. The apparent lack of insight and inability to see the effect of their behaviour on others (even when it's pointed out to them) could be described as psychotic; however, closer scrutiny suggests that the lack of insight is a deception and the absence of empathy, guilt, conscience and remorse is a conscious choice.
This was an excerpt from a very helpful and informative website: http://www.successunlimited.co.uk/bully/serial.htm -- The Serial Bully page. Recognize any of these as traits of GWD's? That would depend on how much contact you had with him (or his fan club, who mirror his traits). Would you admire and remain loyal to such people?
If you admire bullies, you probably are one. (No one else admires them) Use reason, for a moment -- the bullys criticisms and allegations lack substantive and quantifiable evidence (When have ANY of the fan club presidents slanders EVER been proven? Then why believe them?) The purpose of such bullying is to hide inadequacy. Those who choose to use bullying behaviours are revealing and admitting to their own inadequacies. Choosing vicious behaviour and lies reveals unsound judgment and is one of the ways bullies identify and reveal themselves. Their criticisms and allegations are a projection of their own failings and shortcomings. They have no right to project them on others. But they do.
They are to be pitied, and avoided. Decent, rational human beings would take their hateful actions for exactly what they are...sadistic attacks on innocent people, motivated by very twisted psyches.
If you belong to a fan club for or filled with such people, you might want the address of a page specially designed to refer you to a good psychiatrist: http://www.psych.org/ (the American Psychiatric Association).
And, for the final unadulterated truth about the aforementioned people and their characters (described herein), I quote their own words from printed material currently presented on the web:
When a naive soul questioned the FC about the integrity of the information in this website, the FC's venomous and patronizing response was that this site -- "...detail(s) one person's very sad obsession with Ger..." a statement which is VERY MUCH untrue (as can be attested to by anyone who knows the website's author), but typically slanderous and *hypocritical, coming from a FC that spawns obsessives continuously, as evidenced by the numbers of their own members who HAVE stalked, harassed and threatened GWD (to say nothing of the ostentatious and well-known obsession the FC's president has always had with him).
They continue to state: "...Her (this website's author) name is known and has been submitted to organizations that specialize in stalkers and obsessed individuals..." Can anything serve to prove more clearly and concretely the deranged and hateful behavior continuously demonstrated by the FC's representatives? To undermine a decent, honest person's integrity and reputation by presenting them to "organizations" as potentially dangerous (to quench their own lust for revenge) must be perceived as nothing short of vindictive, monstrous and thoroughly unconscionable (but so typical of psychotics and serial bullies, as mentioned above). Keeping in mind, of course, that if this website's author had been a celebrity, the FC would have broken their necks in the rush to announce my attention to, and (previous) admiration for, GWD. He, in fact, having been seen at many social functions pathetically fawning over "real" celebrities, would have been thrilled at the attention. There would have been NO mention of obsession or stalking, then! But, because this website's author isn't famous, she is immediately the target for scapegoating by a paranoid semi-celebrity and his vicious FC? *Typical.
As for GWD having been "...advised (by the authorities) to IGNORE the (website)..." No doubt he was so advised, given the fact that taking legal action to challenge or punish someone who did nothing more than tell the truth about his character would ensure revealing his true nature in the unflinching pages of open court documents, for all to see. And, once various witnesses to his behavior were summoned to testify in court as to the truth of the above mentioned "allegations," that truth would remain in the court documents as lurid testimony about someone with a treacherous, willfully hurtful character, forever -- again, not something any lawyer would advise his client to do.
Lastly -- all that can be said about the characters of the parties mentioned above is to quote something previously stated herein: "...serial bullies despise anyone who enables others to see through their deception and their mask of sanity. "Have they proven their characters to your satisfaction yet? They certainly have to mine. Of course, it reflects on GWD, to ally himself with such snakes. It can only suggest that he must really be desperate for attention. How sad.
Since any response or attempts at self defense by this website's author (the victim of their libelous and slanderous comments, quoted above, which were, of course, made behind their victim's back) would never be printed on their website (that would take integrity), let this simply be said -- to those who have lied and been hatefully predatory toward others, and all those allied with them, congratulations. You must be so proud of the kind of people you are...There isn't enough charity work in the world that can make you decent human beings.